WASHINGTON, DC (February 16, 2023) —The Association for Accessible Medicines (AAM) today announced the election of its 2023 Board of Directors and Officers. Ms. Christine Baeder, Senior Vice President & Chief Operating Officer for US Generics, Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. is the 2023 AAM Chair of the Board. AAM also named Ms. Keren Haruvi, President, Sandoz US, Head of North America, Vice Chair of the Board and Mr. Jeff Burd, President, Ajanta Pharma USA Inc, as Treasurer. Generic drugs saved the U.S. health system $373 billion in 2021, according to AAM's 2022 U.S. Generic and Biosimilar Medicines Savings Report.
The 2023 AAM Board of Directors includes:
• Accord Healthcare, Inc. | Jeff Hampton, President
• Ajanta Pharma USA Inc. | Jeff Burd, President
• American Regent | Paul Diolosa, President & CEO
• Amneal Pharmaceuticals Inc. | Maryll Toufanian, Senior Vice President of Regulatory Strategy & Policy
• Amphastar Pharmaceuticals, Inc. | Dan Dischner, Vice President, Corporate Communications
• Apotex Corporation | Peter Hardwick, President & Chief Executive Officer
• Aurobindo Pharma USA, Inc. | Paul McMahon, President, Commercial Operations
• Biocon Limited | Matt Erick, Chief Commercial Officer – Advanced Markets
• B. Braun Medical Inc. | Rob Albert, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer
• Cipla USA | Arunesh Verma, Chief Executive Officer
• Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, Inc. | Vanessa Brill, Vice President Legal and Compliance, Americas
• Fresenius Kabi USA | John Ducker, President & Chief Executive Officer
• Glenmark Pharmaceuticals, Inc. USA | Sanjeev Krishan, President North America
• Hikma Pharmaceuticals USA | Brian Hoffmann, President US Generics Division
• Jubilant Cadista Pharmaceuticals, Inc. | Kevin Fortier, Chief Commercial Officer
• Lupin Inc. | Bob Hoffman, Chief Commercial Officer
• Meitheal Pharmaceuticals | Tom Shea, Chief Executive Officer
• Sagent Pharmaceuticals | Dr. Peter Kaemmerer, Chief Executive Officer
• Sandoz Inc. | Keren Haruvi, President, Sandoz US, Head of North America
• Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc. | Abhay Gandhi, CEO, North America
• Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. | Christine Baeder, Senior Vice President & Chief Operating Officer for US Generics
• Torrent Pharma Inc. | Sanjay Gupta, President and Chief Executive Officer
• Zydus Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. | Crystal Fisher, Vice President, General Counsel and Compliance Officer
A complete list of 2023 AAM Members can be found here.
Director of Communications, AAM
AAM is driven by the belief that access to safe, quality, effective medicine has a tremendous impact on a person’s life and the world around them. Generic and biosimilar medicines improve people’s lives, improving society and the economy in turn. AAM represents the manufacturers and distributors of finished generic pharmaceuticals and biosimilars, manufacturers and distributors of bulk pharmaceutical chemicals, and suppliers of other goods and services to the generic industry. Generic pharmaceuticals are 91 percent of prescriptions dispensed in the U.S. but only 18 percent of total drug spending.
About the Biosimilars Council
The Biosimilars Council, a division of the Association for Accessible Medicines (AAM), works to ensure a positive environment for patient access to biosimilar medicines. The Biosimilars Council is a leading source for information about the safety and efficacy of more affordable alternatives to costly brand biologic medicines. Areas of focus include public and health expert education, strategic partnerships, government affairs, legal affairs and regulatory policy. More information is available at www.biosimilarscouncil.org.